Friday, May 13, 2016

Roadblock With Fontforge Download


I got my hopes high for nothing because my Anti-Virus software (Norton) won't let me download FontForge. Bummer.

Is anyone else having this issue? Here's what Norton says about FontForge:

According to Norton:

Threat Type: Insight Network Threat. There are many indications that this file is untrustworthy and therefore not safe.

I can't believe this. Can anyone point me to a free font designer that's safe to use on Windows?

For those interested in the FontForge designer, which seems quite robust, check it out here: FontForge

I'd appreciate any feedback if you can download it or not or if I need to turn off my antivirus for this download and it would be safe anyway. Good luck.

Meanwhile, I'll put down my virtual Smith & Wesson for now as my search continues for a good font designer comparable to FontForge that's Open Source and safe to use.

Hasta la vista... baby.


No comments:

Post a Comment